HOME | DOWNTOWN | HOUSES AND APARTMENTS | COMMERCIAL BLDGS. | MISCELLANEOUS LOCATIONS | LINKS | NEXT PHOTO
The First Presbyterian Church of Atlanta is located at 1328 Peachtree Street NE, one block from the High Museum. Google map
Atlanta's First Presbyterians originally organized in 1848 in a simple wooden building at the intersection of Peachtree and Houston streets in the midst of downtown. The structure on this postcard, designed by architect Walter T. Downing, was completed in 1919. Downing also designed the William Perrin Nicolson house (1889), Sacred Heart Church (1897), the Wimbish House (1898), the Eiseman Clothing Company (1902), Trinity Methodist (1911) and the Healey Building (1913).